Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Avatar




















I'm glad to know, after a conversation with two friends, that I'm not the only one in the world who isn't head over heels in love with this damn movie!

Ok, it looks great, it's a new way of making movies but the story is pretty slacksadaiscal if you ask me.

Spoiler alert:
1) The main character starts off as a fuck up with nothing to lose, gets pulled into the bad guys clique to do something terrible, sets out to do it and falls in love...keeps on doing it then when things get really bad he repents and confesses.  They kick him to the curb, he then has to come around and save them to 'make it up'.
I've seen this so many times before!!!!  'At first I did it because it was my job..then I really started to like you.' Saved by the bell? come come now!

2) It hit a little close to home with European male colonialism for me, sorry but that's what it was.

3) My friend Brian put it perfectly when he said after the tree was blown up and their homes were destroyed and these people were broken, the movie should have faded to black and that should have been it.  We all strive for a happy ending when really, if this is to portray any part of history, there wouldn't be one.

4) Aliens on a planet billions of light years away have human emotions now?
Not only do they cry, get jealous, ride animals just like we do, live just like we do but they KISS like we do too? Chil, please! I've seen some actual humans who aren't good kissers, how is this girl from across the universe going to suck face with this fool like it wasn't her first time?


Anyway, I have to defend my life everytime I talk down this damn movie but it was good but not as good as people are making it out to be.  This movie to me is a film version of Lady Gaga, sorry, it's true.

No comments: